Google Analytics can be a powerful tool to help you understand where you’re getting your traffic from. Having only this much knowledge is enough to help you focus your campaign. There is a lot of ignorance about adding google analytics to your website though. But the truth is, it’s actually a piece of cake if you can simply come out of your comfort zone a little bit.
Actual Steps involved:
- Go to Google Analytics and sign up. If you have an account in google and you’re signed in, you will only need to click the “Access Analytics” button at the top.
- Thereafter, create a new account by first clicking admin and then clicking “Create New Account”
- Fill up the form on the next page. Mention your website name and then click the blue “Get Tracking ID” button.
- Now on the next page, you will see some code. Copy the code
- Paste this code in each of your html files right before the closing </body> tag.
If You’re Using WordPress
In case you have hosted your website on WordPress, then you only need to paste this code in your theme file’s footer.php file, once again right before the closing </body> tag. And that’s it. You’ve now successfully installed Google Analytics in your website. The tracking will now begin even though analytics might say “Tracking not installed” for several hours.