Whether you are a business owner, an enthusiast or a college student looking to brighten their career prospects, there are many good reasons to learn web development and coding. In this post, I am going to list a few of the reasons:
- Healthy for brain: Web development requires you to exercise both the sides of your brains. When you write code, you need to apply the logical part of your brain and when you do graphic designing (which you will need to do at some point in time), then the creative side of the brain is used. All in all, web development is a complete mental exercise.
- Perfect for bootstrapping startups: Once you learn how to develop a website, then you don’t need to hire a guy to make it for you. As a startup which is trying to bootstrap, this can be a great boon. You will easily save anything between 10,000 to 50,000 rupees if you learn how to develop websites and know all the tricks.
- Increase your sales on the web: Once you learn how to develop a website, then the website itself can be used as a tool for marketing. Using SEO and other internet marketing techniques, you can really give a great boost to your sales.
- Better Job Prospects: I am not even kidding: I have taught web development to MD doctors, businessmen, and even people doing MBA. Coding, and web development in particular is now becoming a skill which is as good as learning English. In future, people will be expected to know coding. It will become a necessary skill inevitably. And good coders are still extremely rare. There will never be a shortage in demand for good coders.
- It’s Easy and Fun: If you just want to learn something new, just for the heck of it, then instead of joining, say, cookery classes, you could always learn how to code and how to do web development.