About Confluence IIMA
Confluence is IIM Ahmedabad’s International Management Symposium now in its 16th year. Its vision is to become the largest management symposium in the Asia-Pacific region that adds value to the major stakeholders of a country’s economy – corporate, government, people, students and academia as they come together to ideate, collaborate and innovate.
About Masterplan IIMA
Masterplan 2014 is IIM Ahmedabad’s flagship international business plan contest. It has prize money of Rs 5 lakhs, with opportunities for students to get face to face with leading venture capitalists, angel investors and industry experts.
About Nurture Talent Academy
Nurture Talent Academy, started in January 2010 by IIT-IIM alumnus, is India’s 1st institute for entrepreneurs. NTA has trained over 30000 students across 450+ colleges in 125+ cities in India. NTA conducts training and mentoring programs for students related to entrepreneurship, business plan, mobile apps, web technologies and digital marketing. The vision is to help create 1000 startups and 20000 jobs in next 3-5 years.
Stages in Masterplan IIMA
- Stage 1 – 1-day Hands-on Entrepreneurship Workshop in top colleges for students
- Stage 2 – Shortlisting and Mentoring of selected teams
- Stage 3 – Grand Finale at IIM Ahmedabad for top 30 teams
- Categories of Business Plan contest
–Clean Energy idea
–Services sector idea
–Innovative Idea of the Year
- Cash Prize – Rs 5 Lakhs for winning students
- Continued guidance by industry professionals and mentors
In order to increase awareness among students about entrepreneurship and train them on generating ideas, learn technology innovations and make business plans, 1 day workshops will be conducted. Participants at these workshops will be encouraged to take part in Masterplan, and get a chance to win cash prizes and present to investors and judges at finale in IIM Ahmedabad, if selected. The workshop will be conducted by leading entrepreneurs, IIT/IIM alumnus and investors. All students whether from engineering, management or other background are invited to take part in the workshop. Here is the detailed agenda, and students will be encouraged to interact with resource person, participate in interactive games, watch movies and work as a team to present their ideas and plans.
1 Hour Introduction to Entrepreneurship
Insights into entrepreneurship, challenges in business
What is the skillset/mind-set of entrepreneurs?
Skill-set, key requirements for starting up?
Idea Games and How to generate ideas?
2 Hours Make your own Business Plan
Case Study and sample business plan
Business Plan training – Making an effective B-plan?
Movies, games, exercises and quizzes
Executive Summary – Opportunity, Vision, Team etc.
1 Hour Sales and Marketing
Marketing and Sales Games
Digital Marketing and emerging trends
2 Hours Finance Funda
Entrepreneurial Finance, Loan vs Stocks
Valuations and Sources of Funding
1 Hour Legal and IP
How to setup your startup?
Type of legal structures of a company
Copyright, Trademarks, Patent
Certificate Distribution, Mentoring and Feedback
Workshop fee is Rs 800 only per student for workshop (to be paid by students), which includes training, certification, startup-kit with DVD and service tax.
All workshops will be jointly certified by Confluence-IIM A & Nurture Talent Academy
- Certificate of Participation to all student participants
- Certificate of Coordination to 5 student coordinators for successful coordination
- Certificate of Appreciation to Faculty Coordinator for contribution
- Certificate of Honor to Zonal Center College for encouraging student entrepreneurs
To participate in the workshop, visit the schedule page and register. Else, if you want your college to be zonal center, please send a request email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also call us on +91-9833410822
Masterplan Speaker Details
- RushikeshHumbe – IIM A alumnus, YES, Disha Education, Ex-Deloitte
- Amit Grover – IIT-IIM Alumnus, ex-Infosys, Asian Paints, Onida
- Siddharth Goyal, NSIT Alumnus, CTO Nurture Talent Academy
- Sumit Kumar Singh – IIT D+IIM L alumnus, ex-Reliance Jio, Jabong
- NishantDobhal – IIT D+IESE Spain, Ex-TCS
- Mahesh Ramamani – IIT R alum, Visiting Faculty at IIM Indore, Founder/Advisor in Eywa Media
- SheetalMeher – social entrepreneur, consultant, investment banker
- Siva Rangaswamy – Ex-Zensar, TCS, Groupsoft
- Akshay Shah – Entrepreneur in ERP domain – iWeb Technology
- Srivalli Krishnan – Ex-CEO of Efarm, Heading Curriculum Manager at Wadhwani Foundation
- Shekhar Jain – CA, MD of Ontrust Capital, Ex-ILFS, Subhkam Ventures
- LalitChetani – CA, Founder of Ontrust Capital, ex-Axis Bank, Subhkam Ventures, Coca Cola
And many more eminent faculty
* 1-2 trainers will conduct workshop depending on availability